Our Kitchen Project

An On-going Kitchen Renovation Saga.

Friday, December 08, 2006

Table top surface material


We've decided to build the kitchen table, as it ended up being an odd size and it is still less expensive to build it ourself anyway. We decided to use polished travertine (natural stone) tiles for the surface. We only need six of the tiles, so the grout joints will be very minimal. It should be very flat and smooth when it's done, kind of like the countertops. I think I'll also repeat this stone on our fireplace hearth. I'll have to wait and see.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi you two,
I have to say you are doing an amazing job. It looks like it should be in a magazine with a before and after picture.

I did spot the boo boo and hope that they are able to get the countertops fixed and back to you asap.

Good work team.

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops...sorry, I should have let you know that it was Sandra...not an anonymous kitchen stalker....

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home